Complaints Procedure

The Town Medical Centre aims to give the very best service to everyone who attends the surgery.

However, sometimes things can go wrong which inevitably can make a patient left feeling that they have a genuine cause to make a complaint.

If this was the case, then we would wish for the matter to be settled as quickly amicably as possible.

Complaints made to the surgery are discussed annoymously with staff and used as a learning point for the surgery and/or a change in procedure. 

If you are unhappy with any aspect of your care please ask to speak to the Lead Receptionist or the Practice Manager. 

Every patient has the right to make a complaint about the treament or care they receive from Town Medical Centre.

Who Do I Need to Talk To?

Most complaints can be resolved in the surgery, please as a member of the Reception team for a Complaints leaflet, alternatively you could ask to speak to the Lead Receptionist.

If you would prefer not to speak to a member of staff, you can request that NHS England investigates your complaint, they will contact us on your behalf. 

Telephone: 0300 311 2233 (Monday to Friday 8.oo - 18.00). Excl English Bank Holidays


Post: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT

Compaints can  be made verbally or in writing. A complaints form is availabe from reception.

How Long will it Take?

Compaints cannot be made after 12 months from the incident giving cause to complain or 12 months from the time you become aware of the matter you wish to complain.

We will acknowledge all complaints within 3 working days.

We would endeavour to resolve the complaint as soon as practically possible.

Town Medical Centre wil investigate all complaints confidentially and will be held separately from the patient's medical records.

Third Party Complaints

Town Medical Centre does allow a third party to make a complaint on behalf of a patient. The patient must provide written consent for them to so. A third party complaint form is available from reception.

Final Response

The Practice Manager will issue a final formal response to all complainants which will provide full details and outcomes of the complaint.

Other means of Making a Complaint

Parliamentray Health Service: Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London. SW1P 40P. Telephone: 0345 015 4033 or visit

Independent Complaints Advocacy Service - ICAS VoiceAbility: A new service was instituted by the government to assist those who wish to or are making complaints about the NHS – the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS). In the London region, ICAS is being provided by the Citizens’ Advice Bureau. You determine how much you want from ICAS, be it advice, assistant or support. The service is free and confidential and can be contacted via their head office at: NHS Complaints Advocacy,  VoiceAbility, Mount Pleasant House, Huntingdon Road, Cambridge CB3 0RN. Tel No: 0300 330 5454 or via healthwatch: